Friday, January 27, 2006

CAR ACCIDENT!

well if i had known what was going to happen today i never would have gotten out of bed this morning! I was on my way to Mias house so that we could work on our dissertation. The roads where clear, no snow, but it was very cold. As always during the winter time I kept the speed limit and sometimes even below it bc of it possibly being icy on the roads. I was about 15 min from Mias house when it happened. A semi had been following behind me really close for about 10 min, and it was making me feel really stressed. I had tried to get him to pass me by slowing down but he wouldnt do it. So when we stopped at the red light, and it turned two laned after it, I decided to pass the car in front of me so that they would have the semi behind them instead. As I accelerated from the right lane inte to the left the car hit ice and started swirwing back n forth in my lane. I knew I had a car on the right of me so I tried to stear as best I could but it was useless. I remember trying to turn into the metal divider on my left, so that I wouldnt hit the car on my right- hurting me, but not them...but I couldnt control it. the car did a 90 turn to the right and I hit the car next to me. That car was pushed in front of my car, across the left lane i had been in and into the divider. My car kept spinning and went fron the left lane i was in, to the right across that lane and into the ditch. the other car bounced off the railing and ended up behind me on the same side, both of us facing towards oncoming traffic. Luckily for us both there was a wall of snow and ice on the side of the road before the ditch(after all the plowing) which stopped both cars. I remember thinking that none of us were gonna make it when I hit the car, with all the traffic behind us and the semi behind me...but angels were watching over us and all of us walked away with scratches. Luckily my dad works only 5 min from where it happend and he came and helped me which was exactly what I needed.
So as u can imagine it has been a horrible day. I remember thinking(and maybe i said it aloud), when the car was spinning, for the people in the other car to be ok even if I got hurt...I guess someone was listening and decided it wasent time for any of us to go...anyways...
I love you all- drive carefully
Gita

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get hurt at all?!?!? I'm glad you all made it out ok.

Lonnie said to tell you the same thing. He called me last night , we both had tried calling Michael yesterday, but never got him. He also said to tell you, he sorry he hasn't been able to answer the phone when you have called.He said he has been busy everytime, he promises he's not ignoring you. He has started his new job. He said it was going ok.

You should be proud of us, we have all been doing really good about keeping up with one another.

Gotta run,
love ya
Kim

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chick,
sorry I kept missing your calls. i went to the superbowl party at my dad's shop.the ole cell phone doesn't really work that well around all that steel.jonathan got to go. mom and dad and uncle george got him moved into his "apartment" this weekend. i know he was happy ! i would have been. didn't go out saturday night, something came up. same ole stuff around here.
the weather channel is calling for snow here tomorrow . I really hope it does . emily grace will have so much fun in it. keep your fingers crossed.

kim

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home